The school has adopted a behaviour management policy based on positive behaviour. The school aims to provide a happy and secure environment, to develop a caring community and to encourage children to develop self discipline. There are clearly identified school-wide rules and specific class rules, devised and agreed by the children, which specify the boundaries for the children.
Our School Rules:
- Show good manners at all times.
- Follow instructions with thought and care.
- Care for everyone and everything.
Every child has a named trusted adult who will listen to them and help them to keep safe and happy at school.
We are introducing and embedding 'The Thrive Approach.'
Thrive helps adults prepare children and young people for life’s emotional ups and downs.
The Approach teaches you how to be, and what to do, with children’s differing and sometimes challenging behaviour. As a result, children become more self-assured and ready to engage with life and learning.
Based on neuroscience and attachment research, Thrive training provides a targeted intervention. All practice is underpinned by Thrive-Online, an assessment tool and extensive action planning resource that charts progress and measures outcomes.
The Thrive Approach can help you to look at your child’s behaviour and get more understanding of what is going on with him or her.
- Do you want to know how to better support your child to thrive?
- Are you interested to know how your child’s emotional and social skills are developing? Does your child’s behaviour puzzle you?
- Are you keen to know what the age-appropriate emotional skills might be for your child?
- Are you concerned about some aspect of your child’s growing up?
- Would you like some ideas about things to do with your child that would be helpful to her/his brain development?
Find out more information on the Thrive website.