From September 2015 the children will be measuring their progress and learning steps in their learning journey. The children and teachers will self- assess each learning objective and challenge themselves to the next objective.
The development of your child is regularly assessed through a variety of means:
- Teachers’ planning: through the identification and development of the new National Curriculum delivered in a creative approach.
- Reading: through guided reading, optional SATS, statutory tests and one to one reading sessions.
- Weekly tests: in spelling and times tables.
- Marking and feedback of work: helps the children to make progress and achieve, the children self-assess their work and are given time to respond
- SATs: statutory assessment is for Year 2 and Year 6 children and Optional Sats are taken by Years 3, 4 and 5
- Year 1 Phonics: statutory for Year 1 and any pupils in Year 2 who need to re-take this screening.
- A baseline assessment: in Foundation Stage is carried out in the first few weeks of a child starting school
- Independent/distance tasks: This is assessed and kept for reference.